Tuesday, October 23, 2012

{day 23} it's a choice I make...


'Are you sure you really want to be that transparent with everyone?  I mean, anyone and everyone can read your blog?'

My answer:  Absolutely!

I want to lead an authentic life.  A life not hidden or masked by half-truths. A life not scared to show the flaws and imperfections.  A life where Jesus seeps out from the cracks and broken places to reveal a woman seeking Him in all she does.

'The motivation of transparency is important.
The culture teaches people to be candid and blunt,
but this usually revolves around self-centeredness –
you have a right to express your true feelings and your rage. This is an entitlement. Instead, the Christian way to approach transparency is to realize our candidness should be motivated by a desire to have a pure heart before God and others.'
― David Kinnaman,
Unchristian: What a New Generation Really Thinks about Christianity...and Why It Matters

I am motivated for people to see Jesus.  Not Jessica.  But Jesus.  And the glorious transformation that He has done {and continues to do} in my life. 

I dare to be transparent.

Every day I make a choice. 

Will I allow others to see the hard stuff?  The tough things?  The struggles and not-so-perfectness of my life? 

Or will I hide from it?  Will I pretend that I have it all together?  Will I allow those things to tremble in the dark?

The darkness is where the Enemy lurks. 

But Jesus chases away the darkness.  Because He is Light.

I choose Light. 

I choose to make myself vulnerable in order to shed some Light in the darkness.

'...how transparent we are with others will always be a choice. Transparency for the believer will always be a wise choice. Only those who are willing to be vulnerable will experience the protection accountability can bring. I want to encourage you as I've been encouraged to allow several other people of spiritual maturity, godly integrity, and discretion to really know you and hold you accountable to the pursuit and practice of godliness. Our accountability partners are so important that we want to choose them prayerfully and soberly under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.

In the midst of the winds of evil currently blowing in our world today, Christians will do well to remember that the Evil One still lurks, waiting to seduce those who belong to the Lord, seeking to destroy the testimony of their walk with God.'
Beth Moore, When Godly People Do Ungodly Things
Leading a transparent isn't easy. 

There will always be things that I don't want to share.  Things that I'd rather keep hidden.  Things that are just a little to raw to bare on the internet.  And trust me, I don't share everything with everyone.  And I certainly don't write a post about every single thing that happens in my life.  But I do seek out an accountability partner and honestly share with them my struggles.  Because the longer I sit and wallow in my hurt feelings and inadequancies, the more I subject myself to an attack from the Enemy. 

“Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.”
Mother Teresa

Do you dare to be transparent? 

If you do and are seeking an accountability partner, I'd love to stand beside you and pray with you and for you. 

It's your choice.

I choose transparency.




For more on the beauty of transparency, come on over to my house and check out the rest of this 31 day series...
 

1 comment:

  1. I think I pretty much live transparent. But would appreciate your prayers so that I consciously make that choice everyday.

    ReplyDelete