Saturday, October 20, 2012

{day 20} promise keeper...

We are barreling down the interstate. Tiger Town bound for the football game.

We are in great company.

As we get closer and closer to our destination, I reflect on promises. And the importance of keeping the promises you make to others.

Four years ago I made a special girl a promise.

As she was embarking on her freshman year at Clemson, I promised her that before she graduated I would attend a game with her. And I made her promise not to eat at my favorite restaurant in Clemson until I could go with her.

She had no problem reminding me of my promise this summer. And the fact that I only had one more football season to make good on that promise.

Two weeks ago I kept that promise when my family went to a game.

This week, for good measure, we are heading back to a game. And we have dinner reservations at my favorite restaurant.

It's important to keep your promises.

It speaks to your character. It determines whether a person can trust you or not. It's the difference between being all talk or a man of your word.

I want to be a person who keeps promises. I want to be a person who others can trust. I want to be a woman of her word.

God is faithful. His promises are good. And true. And He keeps His promises.

I am thankful that I serve a Promise Keeper.

And I'm equally thankful to keep my word to that special girl I promised all those years ago.

'And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires'
2 Peter 1:4 (NLT)

Are you a person of your word? Or all you all talk?

No comments:

Post a Comment