Monday, October 15, 2012

{day 14} where I admit that I am one of 'those' people...


'Take this most seriously: 
A yes on earth is yes in heaven;
a no on earth is no in heaven. 
What you say to one another is eternal. 
I mean this. 
When two of you get together on anything at all on earth
 and make a prayer of it, my Father in heaven goes into action. 
And when two or three of you are together because of me,
you can be sure that I'll be there.'
Matthews 18:18-20 (MSG)
 
There are few things I enjoy more about the weekend than church.  I mean it.  I look forward to being with my church family.  Wednesdays.  Sundays. 
 
And on Mondays, I have the added enjoyment of being with my Beloved Beauties.
 
I adore my Sunday School class.  I adore my Pastor and the rest of the church staff.  I adore my Bible study group.
 
Yes, I'm one of those people. 
 
On the rare occasion that my family misses a Sunday {which generally means we are at the beach for our annual family vacation}, my heart feels homesick.  And my week doesn't quite get off on the right start.
 
Some of you are probably rolling your eyes. 
 
Others of you might be nodding your heads in agreement. 
 
For those of you rolling your eyes, I beg you not to knock it until you have tried to plug in to a church family.  And I mean really plug in.  Volunteer your time and your talent to your church.  Get involved in activities outside of Wednesdays and Sundays.  Fellowship with members of your church.
 
For those of you nodding your heads in agreement, continue loving your church family.  Your church will face transition {if it hasn't already} and your church family will need YOU more than ever.  Stay connected.  Keep praying with and for each other. 
 
For those of you that I've been missing, I'd love to know how I can pray for you and your family.  And I'd love even more to see your sweet face soon.
 
And for those of you that would like to experience this same feeling that I have, but aren't sure where to go.  I invite you to join me at my church.  I'd love to give you a hug and a hearty welcome.  My heart would rejoice to see your pretty face.  And my soul would love the opportunity to worship with you.
 
'And let us not neglect our meeting together,
as some people do, but encourage one another,
especially now that the day of His return is drawing near.'
Hebrews 10:25 (NLT)
 
 
 
I'd love for you to read more on the beauty of transparency...
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment