Monday, October 22, 2012

{day 22} a day when transparency is too hard...


We don't get to choose when the Enemy will strike.  And we certainly don't get to choose which area of weakness will be exposed during the attack. 

Yesterday, we found ourselves under attack.  The Enemy was near.

So I ran for cover.  I retreated.  I built a wall.  The wall that gets taller and then shorter and then taller again with each attack. 

Today, I feel empty.  Bankrupt.  As if I have nothing to give.  Or say. 

My heart is telling me to pour out some grace.  But my mind tells me I've poured it out way too much.  And too often.

But my heart tells me that Jesus pours out His abundant grace over me.  Each and every day. 

And gracious knows, if He can pour out enough grace to cover me and all my imperfections, then I can pour out some grace over my situation. 

I feel my heart softening.  I fill my soul getting ready to spill out some grace.

'What people say with their mouths
comes from what fills their hearts.' 
Matthew 12:34
'May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord my rock and my Redeemer.'
Psalm 19:14

Will you pray for me?  

How might I pray for you today?


For more on the beauty of transparency, check out the entire 31 day series...
Day Two.
Day Three.
Day Four.
Day Five.
Day Six.
Day Seven.
Day Eight.
Day Nine.
Day Ten.
Day Eleven.
Day Twelve.
Day Thirteen.
Day Fourteen.
Day Fifteen.Day Sixteen.
Day Seventeen.
Day Eighteen.
Day Nineteen.
Day Twenty.
Day Twenty-One.

No comments:

Post a Comment