Thursday, October 4, 2012

{day 4} a big favor....

"I need a BIG Favor :)' the subject line read.

"It's something I have to ask you in person."

Well, how's that for suspense at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

My mind ran through a litany of things this could be.  Some good.  Some not-so-good.  Others were just down right awful.  My mind was spinning.

What in the world could this be? 

Truth be told, I avoided my boss most of the morning today out of fear for what this favor could be. What is it about a request like this from your boss that causes fear to grip you so tight?  It wasn't until I was fixing my third cup of coffee that I found the nerve to enter her office and ask what she needed.

'I have a conflict on my calendar and need you to do the devotion in the Administration Boardroom...'

We shared some laughs.  I even think she might have said something like, 'You're doing this for the Lord, not for me.'

{Gosh, I do love that boss of mine.}

A different kind of emotion gripped me tightly.  The kind of emotion that happens when the Holy Spirit moves.

And then fear set in. 

Who attends these devotions?  Would have I anything to share?  Will it be cool enough to wear a turtleneck because God knows how I break out in those little attractive red splotches {and by little I mean large} when speaking in front of more than say two people? 

I am always amazed at my feeble, earthly ways.  I mean, really.  I allowed the Enemy to jump all over this favor and run me down.

It wasn't until well after lunch that I felt that slight little nudge.  You know the one?  The one that is so familiar and comforting.  He spoke to my heart, 'I called you to this.  I will give you the words.'

So, through the doubt and the fear and the nerves.  Yes, even despite the attractive little red splotches.  I will trust.  I will follow.  I will seek His wisdom and His guidance.

And when I feel the darkness creeping in, I'll turn my face to the Light.  And allow Him to speak.

I have such a burning passion to share Jesus with others.  I pray others see Him through me.  May I become less so He can become more.
 
'Fight the good fight for the true faith.
Hold tightly to the eternal life to which God has called you,
which you have confessed so well before many witnesses.'
1 Timothy 6:12 (NLT)


Day one.

Day two.

Day three.

No comments:

Post a Comment