Wednesday, October 10, 2012

{day 10} it's not a diet...


I've been doing this thing called Weight Watchers for the past seven weeks.  Which apparently means, I've watched my weight stand still for seven weeks.  Over the course of these seven weeks, I've lost a total of 0.6 pounds. 

0.6 pounds!  Are you kidding me? 

Not that I should expect any more.  I haven't actually been doing the plan.  I haven't tracked my food.  I haven't counted my points.  Nothing.  Nada.

You see, I enjoy eating yummy food.  And I really enjoyed it when I was pregnant.  But apparently, my mind thinks that I can still indulge without the consequences. 

Last night, after my weigh in, I decided that I would wake up today with a plan.  A plan to track.  A plan to count my points.  A plan to do better.

It worked before.  I'm determined it will work again. 

I still {yes, still} have 20 pounds of pregnancy weight lingering. 

I would like to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight by Harper's 2nd birthday!  {Sooner if possible, but I'm trying to be realistic!}

I'm not obsessing over it.  I'm not going to do anything unhealthy.  And I certainly don't get bogged down by the number on the scale.  Truly, I am passed all of that.

I honestly would like to lose the weight to feel better.  Plus the added bonus of feeling like I had a new wardrobe because I would be able to fit in over half of my clothes. 


For the record, whoever coined this phrase never enjoyed Sweet Frog or Krispy Kreme.  Or ice cream or french fries or Oreos.  Or BBQ or Chinese or pizza. 

You get the picture!

Skinny isn't a feeling.  Skinny doesn't make you happy.  And it surely won't matter at the end of this life.  I am going to enjoy life and food and everything else, but I'm going to do it a healthy way.  A godly way. 

I'm not dieting.  I'm changing my lifestyle.

So, in case you catch me eating some fries or a donut, yes, in fact, it is on Weight Watchers and you can bet that I will count the points.

'Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit,
who is in you, whom you have received from God? 
You are not your own; you were bought at a price. 
Therefore honor God with your bodies.'
1 Corinthians 6:19-20

No comments:

Post a Comment