Monday, February 18, 2013

{day four} at the foot of the cross I lay down my frantic monday...

Was it the Bangles who said it best?

It's just another Manic Monday.


Mondays.


They are nothing, but frantic. 

We scurry home to swallow dinner. Only for me to rush right back out the door for Bible study.

I've spent many a Monday on the commute to Bible study wondering if I were denying my girl quality time on those hurried evenings. Is she learning to live at a frantic pace because of our jammed packed schedule? 

This evening, I took the easy way out.  A way that would ensure we could have some family time at the dinner table.  Enough time where I could linger over the conversation.  And perhaps chew my food into more digestable pieces.

We hit the drive thru at a local fast food establishment.

I'm not the biggest fan of drive thrus.  But sometimes, they are a necessary evil.

The easy way out left me with an inner peace.  The three of us were able to simply sit down and chat over dinner without the added stress of cooking and then washing dishes.  We enjoyed our time.  And, in the rarest of moments, we moved at a much slower pace for a typical Monday.

Tonight, as I step to the Cross, I let go of the worry that my daughter is missing out in my absence on Monday nights.  Instead, I claim His promise of training her up in the way she should go.  I boldly believe that my passion for the Word will plant seeds in her life.  And I rest in the blessing of renewal that comes from fellowship with like-minded women.  Renewal that is needed after a frantic Monday.  Renewal that sets the pace for the rest of the week.

How frantic are your Mondays?  What is a practical way you could find some peace in the midst of the hustle and bustle?

No comments:

Post a Comment