Saturday, October 27, 2012

{day 27} packing up...

Last night we had an impromptu dinner with dear friends.

I am fairly certain I haven't laughed that much in months. My sore sides are evidence of this fact this morning.

I laughed until I cried. And then, when I got home, I cried until I laughed.

Justin is in town from Alabama to pack up the house. A large {and by large, I really mean gigantic} moving truck was parked in their yard yesterday. The loading began early this morning.

Through the boxes and emptiness of the house, my heart overflowed with joy.

People, whose very lives and families have been touched forever by the McAlpin family, showed up in masses to load the truck.

I could hear the laughter and love spilling out of the hearts that were there. Each person has a story to tell. A memory that will be forever etched in their heart of the indescribable way the McAlpin family impacted their life.

It is bittersweet.

I wanted to cry when my daughter went from room to room looking for 'Care'. Or when she asked for 'Manda. I laughed when she found some of Claire's sidewalk chalk in the leaves in the backyard. I smiled as I loaded up a plant and pumpkin in the back of my car that couldn't make the trek to Alabama in the moving truck.

Bittersweet.

Moments are more sweet than bitter. Others are just a little too raw.

But one thing is certain.

The impact this family made at Ebenezer and in lives throughout Florence will forever be felt in the hearts left behind.

This isn't goodbye.

Until we see you again, McAlpin family. Until we see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment